The 5 things you do in English that you might not know have actual, technical names:- so long as it's words: The 5 things you do in English that you might not know have actual, technical namesAnd so, it’s happened. It happened to?The Huffington Post. It happened to?The Guardian. And now it’s happened to us, too. Oh, how the mighty (!) have fallen. It was?always going to happen, really, …
A new blog post! On funky quirks of the English language you may well do on a daily basis, but may not know have names, structure and really cool explanations!
- Musings of a Vurms: Photo
This is one of my wallpapers
- Does it have a name yet?: theartofanimation:Riccardo Zema
So excited to see this finished! Beautiful gif set, BlackwoolHoliday
- Musings of a Vurms: unclefather:A bee can become drunk from fermented nectar and other bees will punish it by chewing...
A bee can become drunk from fermented nectar and other bees will punish it by chewing off its legs.
"Hey, Pete is drunk again lets chew his legs off"
- Musings of a Vurms: note-a-bear:kaalashnikov:cracked:Dark Ages, Schmark Ages....
Dark Ages, Schmark Ages. The De-Textbook cuts through that and so much more fake-fact bullshit.
cloudy with a chance of witch burning
your periodic reminder that a good chunk of Europe basically shat the bed for a few centuries while everyone else kinda did their thing.
This is amazing.
- Hank's Tumblr: businesseswithmemefonts:This is a god damn front for something...
This is a god damn front for something I’m sure of it
They sell pets for your car.
- Restless Thoughts: canadiankazz:thebest-memes:"No matter how bad you fuck up at...
"No matter how bad you fuck up at work, you didn’t fucked up this bad"
This is so awesome. To have a glimpse back at that teetering edge of knowledge.
- spligitmoose: ohnoproblems:booksandbeers:This one’s not written by...
This one’s not written by ohnoproblems but I feel she would approve of choosing genders via piss.
- verbal diarrhoea and visual candy: zetarays:doctorwhoisbetterthanyou:boygeorgemichaelbluth:fun...
Instead of caramel apples this Halloween, melt jolly ranchers in a 250 degree oven for around 5 minutes, then pour over your apples. Add edible glitter for the sparkling space effect!
this is kind of genius
Look at this fucking space apple.
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
- verbal diarrhoea and visual candy: hokuto-ju-no-ken:acerebral:ebilflindas:In 2006 AOL search logs got leaked and it wa...
In 2006 AOL search logs got leaked and it was the funniest day in the history of the internet
Because this goldmine needed to be shared
- meh: falconcloaked:Tiny dragons with colourful scales living in trees and feeding on fruits and...
Tiny dragons with colourful scales living in trees and feeding on fruits and flowers’ nectar?
Bioluminescent aquatic dragons roaming in the abyss and scaring the hell out of sailors
Fluffy dream dragons capable of feeling when children are having nightmares and materializing into their room to cuddle with them
Giant, old as the universe dragons exploring space, needing nothing but starlight to survive
- Restless Thoughts: alafiyatried:mrnargalicious:tibby-wynter:fartgallery:i bet dragons would probably think it’s...
i bet dragons would probably think it’s really cool that we produce water in our mouths
That last image is too adorable to not reblog.
this is the cutest
Yeah it has a cron job to cycle through and aggregate. Previously I had PuSH subscription working as well but I haven’t redone that yet since I moved to the ajax/json model.
- meh: drochfaol:ryancrobert:sexybritishllama:no cough syrupyou are not ‘grape flavoured’have you...
no cough syrup
you are not ‘grape flavoured’
have you ever tasted a grape
you taste like death and the tears of small children
not fucking grape
wow what a surprise another cis-gendered white upper-middle class american male telling someone what they can and cannot identify as. why don’t you go fuck yourself
- Restless Thoughts: conservacat:youovershare:gallifrey-feels:nosdrinker:ander...
Can we talk about how Anne Hathaway’s husband Adam Shulman looks a bit like William Shakespeare… who had a wife named Anne Hathaway?
damn the illuminati’s not even trying anymore
I guess you could say that when Anne hath a Will, Anne Hathaway
okay I have to reblog for that pun