Hey there, sorry for annoying you. I am a real person just reblogging things I like. I thought your post was cool, that’s why I reblogged it, if you’d like me to take down my reblog and/or not reblog your posts in future then I can do that, just let me know. The URL that gets attached to my posts on tumblr isn’t really there for attention seeking, it’s to do with data ownership. I’m very aware of the way corporate social networks like twitter, tumblr and facebook claim legal rights over any information that you post to them and that includes information about what you like, repost or reply to. Because I want to feel more control over my own personal data I’ve joined in with a bunch of people who are building their own websites that can talk to each other like a social network. However no one wants to be cut off from their friends and followers on existing corporate websites so when we do things on our website we syndicate those actions back to the other social networks we’re on, but add a link to show “hey, twitter/facebook/tumblr/etc, this reblog/like/reply is a copy of one that happened outside your system so you don’t own the original”. I noticed that you’ve already got your own domain name which is cool, it means you’re already doing things to make your online identity your own property. If you’re interested in doing any of the other cool stuff I’ve mentioned feel free to message me or check out indiewebcamp.com.
Anyway, sorry for the confusion, let me know if you don’t want me reblogging any more of your stuff. – Ash
- Reposted The mother of all tech demos becomes an avant garde opera by (engadget.com)
1968 is when it all changed. On December 9 that year, Douglas Engelbart, a computer scientist at Stanford Research Center, made a 90-minute video presentation that revolutionized the world of computers. He didn't show up on stage at the Computer Conf...
- Reposted This is the most badass set I have ever been on. @tabletop RPG!! by (edwardspoonhands.com)
This is the most badass set I have ever been on. @tabletop RPG!!
I am so fucking excited for this
- Reposted Photo by (vurms.tumblr.com)
- Reposted Helen Mirren Wants To Play The Bad Guy In ‘Fast And Furious 8? | Uproxx by (mikerugnetta.tumblr.com)
Helen Mirren Wants To Play The Bad Guy In ‘Fast And Furious 8′ | Uproxx:
Someone get this woman a sports car.
- Reposted takeherawayern:whiskersonkittens:Things that don’t make you less of a feminist:Being in a loving... by (nerdcrest.tumblr.com)
Things that don’t make you less of a feminist:
- Being in a loving relationship.
- Being submissive.
- Wearing makeup.
- Being a housewife.
- Wearing dresses.
- High heels.
Things that do make you less of a feminist:
- Shaming women for doing any of these things.
- Reposted ellen-is-on-oestrogen:It’s normal to doubt yourself. It’s normal... by (nerdy-trans-girl.tumblr.com)
It’s normal to doubt yourself. It’s normal to worry about what other people think. It’s normal to regret not coming out earlier, or not coming out later. It’s normal to regret how you told people, and how people reacted. It’s normal to think your identity isn’t valid. It’s normal to worry about the present. It’s normal to worry about the future. It’s normal to worry about all of this. I did it, and pretty much every other trans person (and that’s a lot?of people) did too.
Sometimes, after coming out, it can feel like people aren’t supporting you as much as they did beforehand. There is love and support out there, though.
You can do this. You’re a star shining your light on the world and you will be okay.?
- Reposted swan2swan:samanthadoodles:What you draw when the internet is a... by (spligitmoose.tumblr.com)
What you draw when the internet is a no show…
Someone sever this person’s internet connection
- Reposted "We like to build these little worlds where everything gets sorted out and makes sense and, if..." by (cravatfiend.tumblr.com)
“We like to build these little worlds where everything gets sorted out and makes sense and, if possible, the good guys win. No one would call Agatha Christie a fantasy writer, but look at the books she’s most typically associated with - they’re about tiny isolated little worlds, usually a country house, or an island, or a train, where a very careful plot is worked out. no mad axeman for Agatha, no unsolved crimes. Hercule Poirot always finds the clues.
And look at Westerns. The famous Code of the West largely consisted of finding somewhere where you could safely shoot the other guy in the back, but we don’t really want to know that. We’d rather believe in Clint Eastwood.
I would, anyway. Almost all writers are fantasy writers, but some of us are more honest about it than others.
And everyone reads fantasy … one way… or another.”
- Terry Pratchett Whose fantasy are you? Book (W. H. Smith), 17 September 1991 in A Slip of the Keyboard pg.88
- Reposted humanoidhistory:Motorcycle chariots in Australia, 1936. (via) by (spligitmoose.tumblr.com)
Motorcycle chariots in Australia, 1936. (via)
- Reposted dat-soldier:officialunitedstates:I want to be the first person on the moon to shoot a sniper rifle... by (spligitmoose.tumblr.com)
I want to be the first person on the moon to shoot a sniper rifle at earth and hit a wasp nest.? my whole life so far is leading up to that moment
- Reposted translesanimefeels:rubyfruitjumble:luzazuldelaluna:mathematics-an... by (failtumblrisfail.tumblr.com)
Hi guys! I found this app the other day and I wanted to share it with you. It’s called ‘Forest: Stay focused’ and it really helps me whilst studying.
for yall who need to study
I feel like this will work for me because it’s like punishing yourself in a way that doesn’t really matter lol
I don’t think I can emotionally handle this app…
This is a cool concept, I will definitely give it a go as I tend to check my phone more frequently than I would like while working on things
- Reposted 420memeregime:shitpostgenerator:today’s shitpost is *spins wheel* dissapointing footballsdid... by (spligitmoose.tumblr.com)
today’s shitpost is *spins wheel* dissapointing footballs
did shitpostgenerator just make a shitpost about generating shitposts
I love you, shitpostgenerator
- Reposted Photo by (vurms.tumblr.com)
- Reposted thesolestratego:silentstep:therobotmonster:moniquill:siderealsandman:friendlytroll:prokopetz:mikhailv... by (vurms.tumblr.com)
It’s funny how science fiction universes so often treat humans as a boring, default everyman species or even the weakest and dumbest.
I want to see a sci fi universe where we’re actually considered one of the more hideous and terrifying species.
How do we know our saliva and skin oils wouldn’t be ultra-corrosive to most other sapient races? What if we actually have the strongest vocal chords and can paralyze or kill the inhabitants of other worlds just by screaming at them? What if most sentient life in the universe turns out to be vegetable-like and lives in fear of us rare “animal” races who can move so quickly and chew shit up with our teeth?
Like that old story “they’re made of meat,” only we’re scarier.
HOLY SHIT THEY EAT CAPSAICIN FOR FUN
YOU GUYS I HEARD A HUMAN ONCE ATE AN AIRPLANE.
A HUMAN CAN KEEP FIGHTING FOR HOURS EVEN AFTER YOU SHOOT IT
humans are a proud warrior race with a pantheon of bloody gods: Ram-Bo, Schwarzenegger, etc.
REMOVING A LIMB WILL NOT FATALLY INCAPACITATE HUMANS: ALWAYS DESTROY THE HEAD.
WARNING: HUMANS CAN DETECT YOU EVEN AT NIGHT BY TRACKING VIBRATIONS THROUGH THE ATMOSPHERE
WARNING: HUMANS CAN REPRODUCE AT A RATE OF 1 PER SPACEYEAR. DESTROY INFESTATIONS IMMEDIATELY
THE HUMAN MOUTH HAS OVER THIRTY OUTCROPS OF BONE AND POWERFUL JAW MUSCLES.
HUMAN BITES CAN BE FATALLY INFECTIOUS EVEN TO OTHER HUMANS
WARNING: HUMANS CAN AND WILL USE IMPROVISED WEAPONS. SEE CLASSIFIED DATA LABELED J. CHAN.
HUMANS CAN PROJECT BIOWEAPONS FROM ALMOST EVERY ORIFICE ON THEIR BODY. DO NOT INHALE
OH GOD THE HUMANS FIGURED OUT DOOR HANDLES OH GOD OH GOD
More seriously, humans do have a number of advantages even among Terrestrial life. Our endurance, shock resistance, and ability to recover from injury is absurdly high compared to almost any other animal. We often use the phrase “healthy as a horse” to connote heartiness - but compared to a human, a horse is as fragile as spun glass. There’s mounting evidence that our primitive ancestors would hunt large prey simply by following it at a walking pace, without sleep or rest, until it died of exhaustion; it’s called pursuit predation. Basically, we’re the Terminator.
(The only other animal that can sort of keep up with us? Dogs. That’s why we use them for hunting. And even then, it’s only “sort of”.)
Now extrapolate that to a galaxy in which most sapient life did not evolve from hyper-specialised pursuit predators:
- Our strength and speed is nothing to write home about, but we don’t need to overpower or outrun you. We just need to outlast you - and by any other species’ standards, we just plain don’t get tired.
- Where a simple broken leg will cause most species to go into shock and die, we can recover from virtually any injury that’s not immediately fatal. Even traumatic dismemberment isn’t necessarily a career-ending injury for a human.
- We heal from injuries with extreme rapidity, recovering in weeks from wounds that would take others months or years to heal. The results aren’t pretty - humans have hyperactive scar tissue, among our other survival-oriented traits - but they’re highly functional.
- Speaking of scarring, look at our medical science. We developed surgery centuries before developing even the most rudimentary anesthetics or life support. In extermis, humans have been known to perform surgery on themselves - and survive. Thanks to our extreme heartiness, we regard as routine medical procedures what most other species would regard as inventive forms of murder. We even perform radical surgery on ourselves for purely cosmetic reasons.
In essence, we’d be Space Orcs.
Our jaws have too many TEETH in them, so we developed a way to WELD METAL TO OUR TEETH and FORCE THE BONES IN OUR JAW to restructure over the course of years to fit them back into shape, and then we continue to wear metal in out mouths to keep them in place.?
We formed cohabitative relationships with tiny mammals and insects we keep at bay from bothering us by death, often using little analouge traps.?
And by god, we will eat anything.?
- We use borderline toxic peppers to season our food.?
- We expose ourselves to potentially lethal solar radiation in the pursuit of darkening our skin.?
- We risk hearing loss for the opportunity to see our favorite musicians live.?
- We have a game where two people get into an enclosed area and hit each other until time runs out/one of them pass out
- We willingly jump out of planes with only a flimsy piece of cloth to prevent us from splattering against the ground.?
- Our response to natural disasters is to just rebuild our buildings in the exact same places.?
- We climb mountains and risk freezing to death for bragging rights
- We invented dogs. We took our one time predators and completely domesticated them.?
- On a planet full of lions, tigers and bears, we managed to advance further and faster than any other species on the planet.?
Klingons and Krogan and Orcs ain’t got shit on us
We drink ethanol (in concentrations high enough to be used as an effective as microbicide or a solvent!) for the express purpose of achieving blood toxicity and disrupting normal brain function… AS A RECREATIONAL ACTIVITY!
On the same subject, we also deliberately incinerate assorted substances and then inhale the particulate-heavy smoke and vapor resulting for the same effect. EVEN IN THE FACE OF SAID SUBSTANCES BEING CARCINOGENIC, BECAUSE WE JUST DON’T GIVE A FUCK.
Humans do not have biological castes. Kill their commander and another will take its place. Soldiers left alone on a planet will start farming and manufacturing to survive. Farmers and manufacturers will take up arms and kill you if pressed. Just because two humans look different doesn’t mean they cannot do each other’s jobs.
Breeding does not kill them. A single human can mate dozens or hundreds of times in a lifetime. They often do so as recreation. Xenobiology team six believes they do not have a mating season but this is too strange to be true.
Their appendages are not designed for hitting, so they developed special training to make them very good at hitting anyhow.?
The proteins making up their bodies are toxic and cause prion disease. Do not touch anything humans have touched. Do not consume earth foods. Fire does not adequately remove this contamination.
Humans perceive sixteen times the colors we do. Do not hide in bushes or vines from humans. They can distinguish your pelt from the foliage with ease.
We tried venting waste gas into the tunnels to kill the humans when they attacked. Turns out they breathe it.?
Everything on their planet came from a single biological strain. They developed comprehensive genetics BEFORE they developed space travel.?
They lack radio receptors and cannot be brought into compliance with right-thought simply by broadcasting to them. Even after we learned how to translate it into sound-waves one of their hatchlings drove the Great Authority mad by responding to every demand with a single question: “Why?”
#an individual human being is actually a microbiome in its own right—you are dealing with a legion each time you approach them?????#they carry pathological agents inside their deep tissues and this is advantageous to their health?????#one of the most widespread and resilient viruses on their planet is treated as mildly hazardous—even though it causes?????#massive disruption to the body’s homeostasis?????#(their young offspring endure multiple rhinovirus infections EACH YEAR yet they seem unperturbed by this)?????#they have developed such long lifespans that now their primary threat is their own body’s degeneration?????#humanity has literally figured out how to survive so long that their body gives out under them?????#and they are not satisfied with that?????#stupid willful vengeful survivalists who treat mortality like a challenge? ??
- Liked Yesterday we celebrated our third wedding anniversary with a... by (blackwoolholiday.tumblr.com)
Yesterday we celebrated our third wedding anniversary with a drive to our wedding site at kuitpo and to Hahndorf for scones, jam, hot chocolate and fudge. So happy to be with my beautiful girl. Very proud of her for her bravery and determination this past year. X